Customer Service Representatives handle existing and potential clients by answering their questions, resolving any customer complaints. They receive customer feedback on all the company’s products and services and pass it to the concerned department.
They store and update client data, settle administrative transactions for customers, open new customer accounts. They follow up with customers to ensure proper customer satisfaction and follow up on all queries. Customer Service Representatives work in all kinds of organizations around the state, from large city-based companies, to regional and remote businesses.
Customer Service Representative Job Duties:
- Handle incoming client calls through phone, email, chat, social media and answer it timely by providing current information
- Communicate company’s products and services to existing and potential customers
- Follow up on potential customers by giving more information on product, pricing, etc
- Cross sell and Upsell products and services as per customer needs and profile
- Provide correct and up to date information for all customer queries as per company information, training resources provided
- Process all customer requests and transactions on the company software systems
- Escalate any issue/compliant timely in case of difficulty in resolution
- Follow up on all customer queries, complaints to ensure 100% resolution
- Complete all necessary customer documentation as per the company process
Alternative names: Customer Care Executive, Customer Service Professional, Telebusiness Executive, Customer Care Coordinator, Customer Service Specialist, Customer Service Clerk, Service Clerk
Job projections: Average
Customer Service Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent spoken communication
- Complete knowledge of company’s products and services
- Good listening ability
- Conflict resolution
- Data Entry
- Attention to Detail & Patience
- Time Management
The annual salary of a Customer Service Representative ranges between 27,650$ -34,560$with the median salary being $29950. The salary can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Education and Training:
High school diploma or an equivalent education is desired for this position, with some employers preferring post-secondary education. Good verbal communication skills along with decent data entry skills are also considered by majority of the employers for employment as a Customer Service Representative.