Before writing your resume for applying to be a Help Desk Specialist, take a good holistic look at the job and what it requires. This job revolves around three things, 1) People, 2) Technology, and 3) Bridging the gap between those two to create a great user experience in the form of outstanding service. These things should be kept in mind when crafting your resume.
The good thing about applying to be a Help Desk Specialist is that often a great deal of the training can be offered on site, though any previously acquired technical skills and knowledge will be a huge bonus in your favor in terms of saving the company the time and resources often expended to train a new staff member. As such, it is important to remember that the most positive things you can communicate in your resume is a desire and willingness to work with people in a user-oriented role as well as an eagerness to learn and grow your technical skills.
Clearly communicating these things in your resume will help you stand out among employers. Check out this sample resume for some inspiration.
John A. Smith
1234 Long Street, Good City, TX 77123
Phone: 123-456-7890, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To come on board as a Help Desk Specialist at “Tech Company Inc.” and continue to grow and utilize my technological and people oriented skills as a valuable member of the team.
Summary of Skills
- A thorough background in people-oriented employment
- Outstanding organizational and effective task-management skills
- An eagerness to learn, grow, and better my technological skillset
- A desire to work with people and effectively solve problems.
- Strong foundation in basic computer software and programming skills (Python, Java, Adobe, and basic Microsoft suite)
- Experience in leadership and team based working environments bent on reflecting core company values.
IT Support Desk
Dave’s Tech-Shop-Stop, Silicon Valley, CA, 2015 – present
- Assisted the company in various everyday technological tasks
- Kept computers up to date with latest software upgrades and antivirus protection
- Followed company protocol in effectively offering customer service to customers experiencing user-end problems with products.
- Organized customer case logs, feedback, and inquiries to insure a constantly improving level of customer service and satisfaction.
Waco Springs Conference Center, Lake Springs, TX 2013-2015
- Quickly learned and implemented company’s reception protocols and management systems.
- Organized data to effectively track past, current, and future conferences for the center
- Sought out and logged customer feedback to insure quality service and avoid repeated problems.
- A. in Communication, 2015
Baylor University, Waco, TX