Top 10 Preschool Teacher Interview Questions and Answers
The importance of preschool teachers in a society as a whole is overwhelming. These teachers occupy a sacrosanct role in the development of young children. Indeed, it is safe to say that the type of preschool teacher a child develops under contributes in no small measure to the future of the child, and by a longer extension, the community as a whole. For this reason among others, the right preschool teachers must be selected to fill this sensitive position.
The following questions and answers were designed to help in choosing the right person for the job.
1. If employed, what approach of learning would you adopt; individual or collective? And why?
This is a unique situation that can be addressed in an array of ways depending on the peculiarity of the inherent conditions. If a group of students exhibit similar traits and characters, collective modes of learning can be applied. However, for a non-adjusted student, the preferable approach will be to individually instruct him/ her until such a student is able to be gradually introduced to others in the playgroup.
2. What modus operandi would you adopt in evaluating preschool students’ performances?
Preschool students’ performances can be assessed both formally and informally. There are standard evaluation techniques that can be used to determine the students’ motor skills, language development, cognitive development and so on. One of such evaluation techniques involves the use of Devereux Early Childhood Assessment method.
3. How would you go about engaging students who are seemingly lackadaisical in their introduction to formal pedagogy?
A preschoolers’ lack of or insufficient enthusiasm to learn can best be addressed through increased attention and devotion to such a student. Specially designed fun games and activities aimed at improving willingness to learn can be administered in such cases.
4. Youngsters especially at the preschool education age are mostly impressionable. What assurances can you give to ascertain the fact that you can cope with a group of children with a myriad of mindsets?
Handling children of preschool ages can be very demanding. However, with passion and vibrant attention to detail as well as possession of adequate time management skills, coupled with the adroit ability to productively multitask, the divergent needs of the students can be satisfactorily met.
5. How would you resolve an undesirable situation in your classroom/ playgroup?
By being fair, firm and resilient, an undesirable situation can be well-managed. Educating the students about the values of displaying maturity and compromise is very helpful in such situations.
6. How satisfied are you with the inherent preschool educational policies? And why?
Generally, the education policies for preschoolers are very in-depth and result-oriented. They are very satisfactory to a large extent.
7. Sequel to the above, what modifications would you suggest?
It would be suggested that the playgroup size is kept to the barest practicable minimum. This would go a long way in availing the preschool teacher with more resources to adequately assist the students’ development.
8. What inspires you mostly in your career as a preschool teacher?
Preschool forms the foundation of formal education for most people. The desire to meaningfully contribute to the personal and collective growth of a student and the whole community as a whole is a stimulating passion that is unquenchable.
9. How would you collectively reprimand an erring student?
An erring student has to be properly managed in order not to derail constructive progress. Such a student needs to be persuasively, but firmly made to see the dangers and repercussions of being unruly, while also accentuating the benefits of good behaviors and attitudes.
10. In contrast to the above, how would you recompense super fragility maliciousness behaviors and performances?
Such behaviors and performances must be greatly appreciated and acknowledged. Appropriate gifts and treats can be given to serve as motivation to maintain the performance. These kind of behaviors need to be encouraged.