Administrative Assistants handle existing and potential clients by handling all incoming phone calls, ordering for all office supplies, scheduling all meetings and appointments.
They possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as they prepare word documents, reports on excel and also have superior keyboarding skills.
They store and update client data, settle administrative transactions for customers and also assist in all other administrative duties as needed. Administrative Assistants work in all kinds of organizations around the state, from large city-based companies, to regional and remote businesses.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
- Handle all incoming client and vendor calls through phone, email, social media and answer it timely by providing current information
- Direct all incoming calls to the correct department or person
- Process all vendor bills, invoices related to office supplies and ordering
- Prepare word documents, reports, excel reports as needed by the management
- Enter and update all vendor and client data on the software system as needed
- Schedule all appointments, meetings as per plan
- Complete all necessary customer documentation as per the company process
Alternative names: Administrative Coordinator, Administrative Executive, Administrative Professional, Administrative Specialist, Administrative Clerk, Office Clerk, Office Assistant, Office Manager, Office Administrator, Office Executive, Office Professional, Office Specialist
Job projections: Good
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Complete knowledge of company’s products and services
- Good listening ability
- Good keyboarding skills with typing speed at least 40 words per minute
- Attention to Detail & Confidentiality
- Time Management and Ability to prioritize tasks
The annual salary of an Administrative Assistant ranges between 35,186$ – 44,662$ with the median salary being $39332. The salary can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Education and Training:
Degree or Diploma in business administration or an equivalent education is desired for this position with necessary and relevant work experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with knowledge of MS word, Excel and presentations skills are also considered by majority of the employers for employment as an Administrative Assistant.