Application specialists is a key position in the information technology department of an organization which involves designing new products and its applications keeping in the mind the customized requirements of any particular department or division.
They play key roles which involve planning and developing automated application systems and processes in an organization to accomplish objectives through activities that interpret client needs.
Application specialist Job Duties:
- Perform business needs and gap analysis on the product or software
- Collaborate with other users and key vendors of the product and software to identify the key characteristics needed
- Act as a technical bridge between the IT department and business units representatives
- Manage full cycle product development till its closes
- Characterize business particulars and business analysis prerequisites
- Maintain communication with all key stakeholders throughout the process
Alternative names: Application Support Specialist, Application analyst, Applications consultant, Client Support Specialist, Application Performance management specialist, IT support specialist, Deployment Specialist, Deployment Analyst
Job projections: Excellent
Application specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated or Previous experience of implementing new business processes or systems
- Experience in software and system development
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Access)
- Ability to work with strict timelines independently or as a team member
- Time Management and excellent problem solving skills
The annual salary range of an Application specialist is between $51,000 -$82,500 with the median salary being $64300. The salary can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Education and Training:
Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, math or engineering is desired for this position, with some employers preferring a MBA degree for senior positions. Individual skill set are also of critical importance as this is an individual and team role in companies who desire specific analysis or problem solving skills in candidates.