A substitute teacher is expected to be flexible, knowledgeable and diligent in performing and executing set tasks. The substitute teacher must also be adequately inclined to fill in the regular teacher’s vacancy with dispatch and alacrity. These qualities and more must be accurately chronicled in a substitute teacher’s resume.
A substitute teacher’s resume specimen is supplied below.
444 Butterfly Lane, Nashville, TN 37011
Phone: (615) 321-7654 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To attain the position of substitute teacher for Grade 3 students at Royal Crown Elementary School; and thus, fill in for the regular teacher for the purpose of bridging the gap in the students’ learning process.
Summary of Skills
- Astute organizational skills in establishing the most suitable conditions to aid teaching and learning.
- Impressive verbal and non-verbal communication skills to meaningfully instruct, direct and disseminate information to the students.
- A widespread knowledge base acquired over the years to function in an appreciable capacity for the upward development of the students.
- Well-placed flexibility and resourcefulness required to be able to cope with the administration of the students.
- Monumental creativity and time management skills needed to actionably give the students optimum attention.
Substitute Teacher August 2016 – present
Methodist Elementary School, Nashville, TN
- Responsible for the teaching and evaluation of performances of Grade 3 students in the absence of their regular teacher.
- Participation in school events and activities for Grades 3 and 4 students aimed at improving perception and comprehension of core subjects’ principles for the students.
Teacher Assistant May 2010 – April 2016
Oliver Twist Kiddies College, Nashville, TN
- Administered, graded and kept records of performance evaluation tests for Grade 4 students.
- Monitored students’ adherence to set rules and regulations.
- Engaged students in various educational and recreational activities.
- High School Diploma in Elementary Education 2009
Bluebird College, Nashville, TN
- Member, Nashville Teachers’ Association (NTA) 2014 – present