A teacher assistant works under the direction of a lead teacher. When writing a resume for a teacher assistant, it is important to put a number of considerations in place. Such indices include experience gained, ability to comply with instructions and dedication towards the students’ development.
A well-detailed teacher assistant resume sample is provided below.
1001 Shepherd Close, Houston, TX 77001
Phone: (832) 011-3456 Email: email@example.com
To attain the position of Teacher Assistant for kindergarten students at Grand Canyon Elementary School; and thereby support the lead teacher in the execution of the job duties for overall advancement of the students.
Summary of Skills
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and information dissemination skills.
- Impressive motivational and inspirational attributes to help in encouraging the growth and all round development of the students.
- Remarkable inclination towards receiving, adhering and executing instructions and assigned tasks.
- Exceptional organizational skills to assist in the coordination of the teaching-learning process for the students.
- Laudable creativity and ingenuity qualities to help fashion out models and approaches for improved teaching-learning experiences.
Teacher Assistant March 2009 – present
Tinkerbell Elementary School, Houston, TX
- Responsible for using televisual aid for instructing kindergarten students.
- Enforcement of discipline among kindergarten students in the classrooms.
- Assisting the lead teacher in simplifying the curricula for kindergarten students for ease of understanding.
Teacher Assistant April 2008 – February 2009
Oxford Elementary Academy, Houston, TX
- Prepared the classrooms for Grade 2 students in readiness for the lessons.
- Graded and kept records of performances of Grade 2 students.
- Supported the lead teacher in the organization of quizzes and tests for Grade 2 students.
- Associate’s Degree in Elementary Education 2008
Rock College, Houston, TX